I have set up this blog as a way to talk about ways to intergrate technology in the classroom. I want to focus on the importance of technology in urban education. The school I teach at is located in Baltimore City. We are an inner city school with a population of prodiminately African American students. Every classroom in our school is equiped with a Promethean Board and every teacher has a laptop. Technology is to be used everyday and in every lesson.
In my classroom we do not only use the Promethean Board software. We use the internet to look up information on topics we are covering or to answer questions we encounter. We take virtual field trips online. We use the ActivExpressions to complete assessments and collect data. We are constantly looking for new ways to use the technology in our classroom. I will share ways that we incorporate technolgy and hope that others will share ideas also.
I think that is great that you have the promethean board at your district! I don't know of anyone in our district that has one, or would even know what to do with one for that matter. I use a projector to display images and websites whenever I can in front of the class. Kids can grasp concepts so much better with the use of technology! I have a question for you. I am confused on how to subscribe to a blog. If I click on 'follow', I'm not sure if that is the same thing and it will go to my blog. If I click the RSS feed, I think that it goes to my reader, but not my blog. Could you share how you have been doing it, since you have been so successful? I have a feeling that I am not the only one.
ReplyDeleteI think it's terrific that you are documenting and explaining in a sense integrating technology into the classroom here. I would love to know more about these virtual field trips, please share!
ReplyDelete