Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reflecting

As this course in my graduate studies comes to an end I am taking the time to look at all that I have learned. This course, by far, has opened my eyes to a whole new world of technology. Before starting this course if you said web 2.0 tools I would have no idea what you are talking about. A wiki was something I had never heard of before. I am now in the process of setting up a classroom wiki and starting our first wiki project. I have seen the importance of writing in a typing sense. Meaning that students can type a response just as well as they can write it out on paper. I have found ways to integrate technology into my lessons. I am looking forward to using technology more and more.

I definitely see a way of making the classroom much more learner-centered. Instead of giving all of the information I look forward to inspiring my students to conduct research and continue their learning. I want my students to enjoy their learning. I want them to feel inspired to do things. I plan to use the computers in my classroom and in the building as much as possible. In my one week back to teaching from maternity leave I have made my students excited about the use of technology. They want to use it, they ask me when we will be doing things I have talked about. I guess I have been more of a talker then doer but the truth is it does take time to incorporate technology when most of the students do not know much about it. I have to start at the beginning and make sure my students know the basics before going knee deep into it all.


One of my goals now is to use the computer as much as possible. Not just use it to show things but have the students using it as much as they can. Encouraging the students to use it to the best of their ability. Making sure that they think outside of the box and challenge themselves. I want the students to learn about the cool things I have learned through the use of technology. I want them not to be scared to try these new things.


My other goal comes in the need of expanding my knowledge. I want to make sure I am the best possible teacher I can be by continuing know learning and knowledge of technology. I want to provide the best education I can for the students I teach. I may not be able to have one to one computers, or even computers that work everyday. I need to advocate for my students. I need to fight so that my students have the resources they need. I need to look for grants and other resources that can best help my classroom and my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment